(Bellmawr) The Department responded to the 300 block of Princeton Avenue around 8pm this evening for a reported house fire. Battalion 303 arrived and reported an active oven fire. Sqt-32 and SD-32 arrived and were able to quickly isolate the fire and contain it to the oven.
The resident had activated the self cleaning mode on the oven and was alerted to an issue by her smoke detector. There was smoke and flames coming from the oven and she quickly evacuated and called 9-1-1. No injuries were reported. Mutual aid from several surrounding towns also responded but were quickly recalled as the incident dictated.
The Fire Department would like to remind everyone of the importance of having working smoke detectors at all times.