JOIN ONE OF GLOUCESTER COUNTY’S MOST ELITE FIRE DEPARTMENTS
Joining the Westville Fire Department is a great way to give back to your community, increase your knowledge and skills, and be apart of something bigger than yourself. If you are at least 18 years old and willing to work for your community, then you may want to join our team (if you are between the ages of 14-17 we have a fully outfitted junior program).
WHAT YOU GET
The Westville Fire Department offers free Firefighter I training and weekly department training. In addition, you will gain knowledge and experience with EMS calls. We offer a newly re-finished bunk room area for duty crew nights as well as a fun atmosphere allowing you to hang out and make new friends. You will also experience the self-satisfaction of serving and giving back to your community.
- Complete the Firefighter I program (completing the EMT program is encouraged)
- Run a 12-hour EMS duty crew once per week from home or in our bunk room (shift can be split into 6-hour shifts if necessary)
- Attend monthly meetings
- Attend weekly drills
- Help out with various department and community activities
THE NEXT STEP
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the Westville Fire Department, here are the ways you can join:
- Stop by the firehouse on a Thursday night anytime after 1900 hrs. to speak with some of the members and pick up an application.
- Stop by the fire district building behind the fire house between 0900 hrs. and 1500 hrs. Monday thru Friday to speak with one of the career personnel and pick up an application.
- Stop by the station anytime the doors are open or there is a vehicle in the parking lot and speak with a member and pick up an application.
If you have any questions, you can stop by the station, call (856) 456-9860, or check out our new recruitment website https://joinwestvillefire.org.
If you are semi-interested and would like to stop by to check things out before you make a decision, simply visit the station and a member will show you around, answer questions, and try and help you out to the best of their ability.
The Westville Fire Department thanks you for your interest in becoming a member of our department! We hope that you become an interested, active, and productive member of our department. Once again thank you for your time, and we hope to hear from you soon.